Rappahannock County – Virginia Arts Festival: World Premiere" Baritone Mark Walters revealed a particularly warm, communicative tone; his account of 'Making Maps' was one of the evening's most affecting passages."
- Opera News - April 16, 2011
Germont – La Traviata – Den Nye Opera" Mark Walters, on the other hand, was distinct and effective as Giorgio Germont, both his voice and stage deportment were first class".
- Bergens Tidende - Bergen, Norway June 25, 2010
Escamillo – Carmen – Florida Grand Opera
“As Escamillo, Mark Walters was every bit the
toreador, from his red knee-high stockings to
the black tight pants and vest to the slickedback
black hair. His song was heroic...”
- Opera News - April 24, 2010
Enrico - Lucia di Lammermoor – Florida Grand Opera
“Mark Walters's Enrico was a force to be reckoned with, a Viking in kilts with voice to match.”
- Opera News - January 23, 2010"As Enrico, the baritone Mark Walters was the finest actor of the night …His strong, well-centered voice brought dread and fury to the first act aria Cruda funesta smania...he brought drama to the opera."
- The Miami Herald - January 25, 2010
Conte di Luna – Il Trovatore – Piedmont Opera
“…the young Count di Luna, was sung and played with malice and cunning by Mark Walters, whose dark and powerful voice fit the role perfectly.”
- The Classical Voice of North Carolina - October 1, 2010
Valentin - Faust – Opera Memphis
“Mark Walters, as Marguerite's brother Valentin,
received the biggest applause of the evening,
after the astounding prayer to his sister.”
- Memphis Commercial Appeal - April 27, 2009
|A Repertoire List will be added here shortly!|